I think it’s finally here… it was definitely frosty outside this morning and I’ve been sat in with big socks and jumper on this morning so I thought I’d write a post about essentials for winter!
Faux Fur Coats
One of my favourite ways to wear all black is to wear different textures. This is especially easy in winter when you can wear lots of layers. There aren’t many ways that you can get faux fur into an outfit, but a coat is a firm fave that you’ll be able to find everywhere on the high street. As you can see (up there ^), I already own a leopard print faux fur coat, but I am really lusting after a short shaggy/mongolian faux fur jacket.
- ASOS Midi Coat in Bright Mongolian Faux Fur
- New Look Black Faux Fur Teddy Coat
- Missguided Shaggy Faux Fur Coat Black
Obviously this is a staple whether you’re an alternative girl or boy or not! Even with standard high street boots you can paint them or embellish them and make them really cool without having to spend a fortune on some cool boots. These are my doc martens that I must have had for maybe seven or eight years (at least), and they’re showing no signs of falling apart on me. I’m hoping for some classic docs this christmas (maybe double stacks), which you can never go wrong with imho.
Berets are definitely having a moment. A throwback to the 90s, they give me proper Clueless vibes. Paired with a faux fur coat and a slick of black or red lipstick and I think it would be pretty perfect.
- Mary Wyatt London True Romance Beret
- Topshop Self Love Beret
- ASOS Beret In Black With Happy Never After Embroidery
Another texture to have fun with in the colder months is PVC or faux leather. It might not necessarily be the warmest (which is why you pair it with some chunky knits and some thick tights), but it adds a bit of shine and edginess to an otherwise gloomy day!
- Missguided Black Stripe Faux Leather Mini Skirt
- New Look Black Zip Front Belted Leather-Look Mini Skirt
- NaaNaa High Waisted Midi Skirt with Corset Detail in PVC
Is there anything more christmassy than velvet? Again, another cosy texture to layer up, it’s perfect for the christmas party or just to grunge up with ripped tights, dirty boots and a leather jacket.
- Gabby’s Bottle Green Velvet Wrap Front Bodycon Dress
- Killstar Lexi Lit AF Bardot Dress
- Pretty Little Thing Black Velvet Lace Up Heeled Ankle Boot
For more ideas take a look at my Autumn Winter Goth board on Pinterest!
Start the conversation